Hospital inventory management requires a comprehensive solution
There’s no shortage of health-tech solutions for tracking medical inventory across the supply chain. The problem is, that as organizations look to grow the range of technology they use, they are adding additional software and yet more data silos into their systems.
It’s time to take a holistic view and make it easier for health systems, hospitals and ambulatory care providers to introduce supply chain automation, and then add further tools over time.
When planning the introduction of new inventory management technology it’s important to have long term vision. It’s not just about meeting current goals; it’s about anticipating what you may need down the line and future-proofing new technology right from the start.
It’s good news then, that healthcare organizations can now simplify the management of supply chain data in a central cloud platform.
Centralized cloud system for better healthcare supply chain management
IDENTI is revolutionizing the way hospitals manage their inventory, with a comprehensive solution that includes several technologies housed in a single cloud.
IDENTI is the only company in the world providing a centralized management solution that enables hospitals to improve their:
- Management of medical supplies
- Medical device and implant tracking
- Usage data collection in operating and procedure rooms
Each of these data collection devices solve a specific inventory management issue, yet all are housed under a shared AI cloud platform.
Having a central platform provides users with a single system for reporting on
data captured across all devices, in all hospital settings.
It’s the combination of cutting-edge data sensing solutions and sophisticated AI and ML software that significantly improves the quality and quantity of data captured, and feeds highly accurate data to hospital IT systems.
Benefits of a single management system
It’s a challenging time for healthcare organizations, as they struggle to manage a complex medical supply chain and battle high inflation, increased costs and staff shortages.
But despite these challenges, there are many opportunities too.
The healthcare sector runs on data. When organizations optimize the quality and quantity of their supply chain data, they are able to make more informed management decisions that support improved supply chain performance.
Management decisions are only as good as the information that they are based on. Incomplete inventory data, inaccurate information and partial vision are barriers to gaining a clear picture of inventory.
When complete and accurate data is collected and easily shared with hospital systems,
areas of inefficiency and wastage can be identified and addressed.
Areas for improvement may include:
- The streamlining of complex workflows that take nurses away from patient care
- A bloated inventory, resulting in surplus stock and obsolete items
- High levels of inventory wastage
- Variation in physician preference items (PPI)
- A lack of revenue cycle integrity – such as charge capture leakage
- Non compliance and patient safety risks
When precise data is available, it provides clear management vision that highlights the issues that need to be tackled. By pinpointing the problem areas, data ensures that the organization can improve efficiency and reap real business benefits, such as cost savings and increased revenue.
The IDENTI Platform
The IDENTI Platform uses AI and machine learning technology. It powers all of IDENTI’s inventory management solutions.
There are FIVE major benefits that the IDENTI Platform provides:
- Data Sensing: It collects and analyses medical inventory data collected from multiple solutions across different hospital settings.
- Data Identification: The Platform accesses a global manufacturers’ product list and a recall database for automated item identification and checking. Back-office support is also available to deal with any issues. This process ensures:
- full item tracking inc. all UDI requirements
- complete and accurate charge capture
- Data Analysis: All the data collected is converted into user-friendly management information – metrics, reports, and analytics. The system generates:
- recall and expiring item alerts
- real time stock level metrics
- inventory reports, such as order to pick, inventory turns
- automatic replenishment requisitions
- utilization history
- Data Sharing (Internal): The IDENTI Platform provides easy integration with existing hospital systems such as the ERP, EMR, MMIS, complementing the organization’s existing suite of software. Item data that is listed incorrectly on the hospital’s Item Master, or is not listed at all, is shared to support perpetual Item Master maintenance.
- Data Sharing (External): The IDENTI Platform can connect to suppliers’ ERPs for complete transparency and improved synergy.
IDENTI Medical uses a single software system to manage a range of cutting-edge data-sensing devices, creating a vital component to drive business improvements in the healthcare setting.
Contact us to discuss your medical inventory supply chain challenges.
Download our infographic here.
IDENTI’s one cloud solution